Father & Children Killed in Fire Laid to Rest | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A huge crowd turns out to remember a Kansas City father and his two young children. They died in a house fire in South Kansas City earlier this week.
During Saturday’s service, Christopher Greve was remembered as a loving father and husband. His daughter and son were remembered as typical children who adored their grandparents and loved playing outside.
“I just broke down in tears when I heard about it Wednesday morning,” said co-worker Pandora Davis.
People gathered to share heart-felt condolences for Greve, 31 and his two children, Donnica, seven-years-old and Brinton, two-years-old.
When the fire happened on Wednesday, Greve’s wife Shyla was at work. She rushed home to try to save her family but the flames were too intense.
“I have a son that’s nine and one that’s six,” said classmate Annie Brunner. “My husband and I couldn’t imagine living without my kids and my family knowing that they burned in a traumatizing death.”
Saturday, a band played several of Greve’s favorite songs. Photos that weren’t destroyed beamed across a big screen during a memorial at Lifequest Church in Belton. Shyla, the grieving mother and wife was on the minds of many.
“Her family is gone so I know I need to be around her because it’s gonna take time to adjust,” said Cheryl Cartwright, Greve’s employer.
Upcoming Events near Grandview
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Son worried by possibility of plea deal for man accused of killing his dad
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Cavity in dental coverage in Missouri could be filled
- Four charged for alleged roles in burglary, vehicle pursuit through Kansas, Missouri
- Grandview neighborhood buzzes with police activity as suspected highway shooter arrested