Metro Man Charged with Kidnapping, Raping Woman | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Grandview man faces kidnapping, robbery, rape and assault charges after he allegedly attacked a woman over the course of several days last month.
Dominique R. Harlin, 23, is charged with two counts of kidnapping, one count of second-degree robbery, one count of forcible rape, one count of second-degree domestic assault and one count of forcible sodomy in connection to the attack on a Grandview woman that lasted over several days starting on June 27, Jackson County prosecutors said on Friday.
Harlin is in custody in the Jackson County Jail. Prosecutors have requested a $250,000 bond.
According to court records, Harlin physically assaulted the alleged victim several times on June 27, and forced the woman to withdraw $300 from an ATM by threatening her with physical harm. He then allegedly drove the victim to a Clay County hotel, where he restrained her with duct tape and assaulted her again before returning to the victim’s Grandview home, where he allegedly sexually and physically assaulted the woman over the course of several days.
Prosecutors say that the victim was in fear for her safety and the safety of her children, so she did not immediately report the incidents. According to court documents, she eventually reported the alleged abuse to a supervisor at work, who contacted police.
Upcoming Events near Grandview
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Son worried by possibility of plea deal for man accused of killing his dad
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Cavity in dental coverage in Missouri could be filled
- Four charged for alleged roles in burglary, vehicle pursuit through Kansas, Missouri
- Grandview neighborhood buzzes with police activity as suspected highway shooter arrested